Wednesday, January 26, 2011

The Calm Before the Storm

Well I am 37 weeks and 3 days along so far. Had an appointment this morning and I was 2 cm dilated! Very excited about the progress that's taking place. Torah has been delightful lately and I hope I don't live to regret that statement! The babies room is basically ready, need to get new blinds and put up an E-I-E-I-O wall cling and that's it. Now I just need to finish getting the rest of my house deepcleaned one last time before the baby comes...that's all I have the energy for...if that! A friend of mine had a diapers and wipes shower for me this past weekend and I ended up getting 1,737 diapers!!!!!!!!!! Can you even believe that!?! Now I am trying to get them put away and organized (somewhere?) and get them out of my garage. And I got tons and tons of wipes too! It was such a fun idea and that same friend is expecting soon so it will be her turn sometime soon as well to get lots of diapers!

Torah will be 3 one week from today. So I can't go into labor before then!!! Anytime after that is fine though! I'm so looking forward to meeting this new little blessing and holding with my arms and not my ribs! So excited for what God has in store for us and what he has in store for this sweet child. I hope and pray that the baby will come to know him in a personal way at an early age and that it's older sister would be the type of example my older siblings were to me. I pray that as a toddler I have patience to deal with them as they are, as an elementary age child God will protect their innocence and not hear or see or experience things inappropriate for that age,, as a tween they don't get too snotty, as a teen they choose to lead using the Lord's path, as a college student they find their soulmate and both of them love Jesus more than they love eachother, and as an adult they are my friend. And those are just my main prayers, I have many more detailed ones as well!!!

I can't wait to teach and be taught by my little sweeties as we grow in number and stature together as a family.
I am very excited at what the next stage brings and ready for the challenge of it! If I depend on myself i am weak, but with God I am so much stronger! (that is one of the main points we discussed last night in Bible study)

Excited for a miracle,
Shelbie

2 comments:

  1. Sweet post, Shelbie... A couple of things stood out to me.

    1. I love your prayers for your children.
    2. Right mindset - be prepared and open for all your children teach YOU - I am stretched in ways I never thought possible - every day.
    3. You cannot do parenting alone - or you will wear out each day - I converse all day long with God that I would be filled with His love, His patience, His peace - towards my children.

    Blessings to you and your family! You will do awesome with these journaled thoughts at the front of your mind! :) Keep it up!
    lots of love and prayers from The St. John Family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well with the birth of your new little one, Shelbie!! Careful driving, whenever the big day does arrive!!

    Love you,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete